top of page
• The award is instituted for the best original research paper by a young psychiatrist aged 40 years or below
• Fifty percent of the authors, including the presenting author should be members of the Indian Psychiatric Society—Kerala Chapter.
• The paper should be submitted in the format prescribed by Kerala Journal of Psychiatry.
• It should not have been presented or published elsewhere, either in part or full.
• An e-copy of the original research paper is to be submitted to the Chairman, Awards Committee of the SIPSCON.
• The manuscript will be evaluated by a panel of three judges and the floor presentation will be evaluated by another panel of three judges.
• The judges shall not be co-authors of any of the papers submitted for the award. They shall not be affiliated with the institutions from which the paper is submitted.
• The total marks will be 100. A weightage of 70% will be given to the manuscript and 30% to the floor presentation.
• Out of the 70 marks allotted for the manuscript, 20 will be for relevance of the topic, 30 for the methodology and 20 for the quality of the write-up.
• The first three papers which score the highest marks will be selected for floor presentation.
• The time allotted for floor presentation will be 8 minutes, and 2 minutes for discussion.
• Out of the 30 marks allotted for floor presentation, 10 marks each will be for the quality of the PowerPoint presentation, coherence of presentation and discussion.
• The paper which scores the highest total marks will be chosen for the Venad Guild Young Psychiatrist Award.
• The Award shall carry a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/-, which is to be divided between the co-authors.
• Certificates shall be provided to all the participants.
• For redressal of any grievances, the participants can address complaints to the President, IPS-Kerala Chapter.
• If submitted to the Kerala Journal of Psychiatry, the award paper will be accepted for publication in the journal after an editorial review.
For participation send the proposal to
firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
Last date of receiving – August 1st 2022
bottom of page